Saturday, July 30, 2016


So I guess it has been two whole years since I have blogged. I am guessing that during the summer of 2014 that God wanted me to focus on my employment and then my studies. I am back (For now)! I think I have moved most of my blogging to my "you version" Bible App (I post notes when about scripture when I feel God is leading me to).

Just a quick update, I have completed my undergraduate at Crandall University in Biblical Studies (Yipee!). In the fall I am off to do a Masters of Divinity at the Divinity College of Acadia University because I truly believe God is calling me into Full-time ministry. I am thankful for the ways God has been working in my life for the journey that is ahead.

This morning I stumbled across JOHN 8:31-38 again (obviously God is trying to teach me something)
It reads:  "So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." They answered him, "We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, 'You will become free'?" Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father." (English Standard Version)

As I reflect on this passage, I think of the song "I am free" made popular by the Newsboys (Peter Furler days). We must remember how Christ, living in us helps us through the darkest times. Joyce Meyer writes "If the enemy of your mind can convince you that you're too bad or too worthless, he has set up a stronghold in your mind." What we need to do is always fix our minds on Christ and the things of above, not of the world.

Blessings,
Paul

"12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
15 Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. 16 But we must hold on to the progress we have already made."  
Philippians 3:2-16 New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment