Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thoughts on a blog I came across



Okay, so i came across a blog called "My wife is not the same woman that I married" by Matt Walsh. I am not married, but some day would like to be. This blog was quite interesting, in the sense that it emphasizes that people change, and it is NOT a reason to divorce someone. Walsh points out: "[My wife] still has the same DNA, the same biological identity, and she’s still the kind of girl who can appreciate a good beer and a fart joke. But she’s not the same. That’s because I married a human being, not a mannequin. I said my vows to a person, not a computer program." When I read this it reminded me that a marriage is not only about being together, in a commitment, but also about accepting the person for who they are, as Matt says: "We are linked now through the bond of matrimony, but she is still her and I am still me". 

It also made me think of a verse in 1 Samuel 16:7: "But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”" So, if I put this into the context of Matt's blog, It means in a marriage, a couple should accept changes, because "It’s not change itself they oppose, but changes that challenge them and make them uncomfortable". So why not feel more comfortable in a marriage to think of what may be going on inside of the life of your spouse? Yes, I am not married, but I will definitely consider this when the time comes: change needs to be accepted.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

God  Bless,
Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment