Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week One of my VBS journey

So this week I started my ten week journey working as a VBS worker for the group I am working for. The first week is actually at my home church, where I have the privilege of being the Grade 5 & 6 group leader and teacher. The Theme this year is the publisher, Gospel Light's, Son Treasure Island, where Kids discover God's love. That LOVE is treasure, FOREVER, according to 1 Corinthians 13. We just completed our third day, with today's treasure (theme) being "God's love is Caring". The story was on Jesus caring for the Samaritan woman, in John 4. Today, I didn't even have to ask the students if they could read from the bible, they asked me to! It is amazing to see that the students want to read the story directly from the bible!

God is definitely at work in the lives of every child that attends, especially through the music and bible lessons. Many of the children are great listeners and could go home and tell you the whole story and what they have sung in the songs, which is not only seen within the 5 & 6 group, but also within every group.

Out of all the songs that this year's Son Treasure Island, where Kids discover God's love has, I enjoy God's Love is For You. This is a huge reminder that anyone can love others, and, share God's love with them :). GOD'S LOVE IS FOR EVERYONE :).

I will do my best to keep everyone updated each week

God Bless,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment